Businesses operate in ever-changing markets, changes that must be understood and anticipated. Only a long-term strategy allows a company to maintain itself, or even to develop. But it is not always easy for a manager to disengage from operations in order to obtain a vision that is both complete and objective of the business environment and of its potential future.
Consultants from Ad Valoris provide companies with their expertise to help them define the right strategic orientations, both relevant, feasible and acceptable.
Why define a business strategy?
Defining a business strategy involves determining objectives and connecting the resources necessary to achieve them. This mission thus allows give direction to society and of provide the means to follow it effectively on the long term.
A business strategy can pursue different objectives:
- Preserve a competitive advantage
- Increase or consolidate a clientele
- Become a leader in a market
- Enter new markets
- Maintain certain activities in-house or outsource them
- Develop new products or services
However, the choice of a strategic orientation has a strong impact, not only on employees, but also on managers and, above all, on customers and on stakeholders such as investors and shareholders.
How to choose the right strategic direction?
The choice of a business strategy is therefore a most delicate mission. To determine the strategic axes of a company, it is advisable to proceed step by step :
- Determine precisely the objectives to be achieved and estimate the validity of a given strategic opportunity
- Take stock of the company’s current strengths and weaknesses in order to estimate the resources needed to achieve the objectives
- Choose the right strategic orientation (development of a new offer, penetration of new markets, outsourcing of certain activities or in-house training, investment in research and development, etc.) according to the specific characteristics of the company (activity, competitive environment, organization , resources, skills, etc.) and the objectives to be achieved (growth, increase in the customer base, rationalization of costs, etc.),
- Establish a roadmap to detail all the actions to be carried out according to a precise timetable
- Manage the project (s) by monitoring and motivating the teams in a collaborative spirit and in search of results.
To read: setting up a business: 5 key steps!
Call on business strategy experts
Together, let’s build the foundations for your company’s success. Ad Valoris is a business strategy firm in French-speaking Switzerland. Our experts advise you in defining your strategic direction. They establish fully tailor-made solutions so that their method is adapted to the specificities of your business. For each of our clients, Ad Valoris business strategy consultants:
- Analyze the DNA of your company and the potential strategic axes to adopt
- Identify the projects to be carried out to achieve the desired objectives
- Determine the means to be implemented and the tasks to be accomplished on time
- Unite and motivate teams
- Monitor the progress of the various projects and evaluate them using performance indicators, which also allow them to react quickly to change or difficulties.
Leave a Reply